The United Kingdom has a thriving business culture and the UK recognizes that individual business people may want to come to the UK for short periods. This may be to negotiate the terms of a contract with businesses in the UK, carry out market research or attend conferences. This category of visa also applies to people engaging in short term sports or entertainers.
To qualify under Standard Visitor Visa for business purposes, there are basic requirements which must be met. Applicants have to demonstrate that they intend to undertake business activities including:
- Attending meetings or conferences,
- Arranging deals,
- Negotiating or signing trade agreement or contracts,
- Undertaking fact-finding missions,
- Checking details or goods,
- Conducting site visits and promotional activities.
- They must only visit the UK for a maximum of six (6) months, show that they will be able to financially support themselves (if necessary with the support of friends and family) and meet the cost of their onward journey.
- They must not undertake any paid or unpaid employment in the UK.
- This visa entitles holders to visit the UK for up to a maximum of six (6) months allowing them to undertake their business activities and they may also be allowed multiple entries during the six (6) month period.
- Visa holders can attend business meetings, conferences and briefings, engage in fact finding, negotiating or making contracts within the UK for their business to buy or sell goods or services.